1. Check your Orders for the term “POV Storage is Authorized”
If there is nothing mentioned on your orders about POV Storage you will need to obtain a POV Storage Authorization form from your local Installation Transportation Officer or closest JPPSO Office. Make sure you follow the instructions for obtaining POV Storage that are listed on your orders. If you need assistance locating the proper office ADKOS will assist with finding out who your unit is to contact for this form.
2. Reserve your spot with ADKOS. You can do this by emailing us or contacting us at 1-866-768-2929.
We will need to know if you would like to deliver your POV or if we are picking up your POV. ADKOS can pick up your POV before or after you deploy. The charge for this added service is included as part of the constructed fees the government will reimburse to you. If we are picking your POV up from you we can do the paperwork at that time. If we are picking the POV up from someone other than yourself you will need to scan the paperwork in and email it to us. If we are picking your POV up, the transportation table is at the botoom of this page for your review. This is calculated by adding the mileage to and from our facility.
3. ADKOS will confirm your reservation and go over your billing options. You will be emailed a billing statement.
You will have the option to pay monthly by Credit Card, Debit Card, ACH Withdraw or an Allotment. We offer a 3 payment deferment for E-5's and below to help offset the initial cost.
4. You will need to contact your Insurance Company and notify them that your POV is going into storage and give them the date to make the insurance change effective. Our experience with current customers is that having your POV in long term storage should reduce your monthly insurance premiums from 70%-80%, contact your insurance company for more details.
5. ADKOS will follow up with you or your pick up contact a few days prior to your pick up to confirm the arrangements.
6. Your POV will be picked up or delivered to our facility. Ensure your POV has a full tank of gas prior to this step.
7. Your POV will arrive at our facility.
8. ADKOS will perform bi-monthly maintenance checks on your POV and upload all of this information to our Online Monitoring System for your review.
9. When you are ready to file for reimbursement contact ADKOS and request and up to date receipt. You will need this to file your reimbursement claim with DFAS.
POV Transportation Pick Up Fees